You have been thinking about selling your home for a while. After having done slight remodeling and having done a few touch-ups to make your home look better, you think the time to list your property for sale is near. You have even been skimming local newspapers and websites for what homes are available, so you can find the right home to buy yourself when yours sells. According to many experts, now is the perfect time to sell your home. There are more potential buyers than there are houses available, so the median home prices have increased. According to Zillow, the median home value in Florida is $224,600. In the past year, Florida home values have climbed 9.3% and they are expected to increase another 5.9% this year.
Here Are Five Reasons To Sell Your Florida Home Now!
1. First, while mortgage rates are at a six-year high, they are still historically low. The 30-year mortgage rates are slightly above 4%, which is still low. While they are expected to increase, they will remain somewhat low throughout the rest of the year, not exceeding 5%. These low rates are drawing buyers into the market and helping them make the move and buy.
2. There is a shortage of quality housing available for sale. In Florida, there where it is a hot market and it is not cheap to build new homes, the housing shortage is expected to worsen before it starts improving. There are plenty of buyers out there with limited home choices. That means you are going to be able to get more for your home and it will most likely sell much more quickly. There are a high number of investors out there, too, looking to flip a house and make some quick cash. The National Association of Realtors reported that 22% of home sales in November 2017 were to cash investors.
3. Home values are continuing to climb. You can make a good profit and maximize your home’s equity if you sell it right now while home prices are up.
4. People and potential home buyers have more money to spend. Unemployment rates are down, consumer confidence has reached record levels, and surges in the stock market have helped set the pace for home sales.
5. Previously crippled by student loan debt, millennials are now ready to become homeowners. This generation was affected by rising interest rates and higher housing prices, but with the economy being set as it is, and with the other four reasons previously mentioned, these folks are ready to make the plunge and buy!
Talk With A Florida Realtor!
If you are serious about selling your home, now is the prime time to list your home for sale in Florida. Consult with a Florida realtor about listing your home for sale. Don’t miss out on the perfect opportunity to sell your home quickly and for a great price. This is time to maximize your return on your investment, and to get your transaction handled quickly and efficiently.